This might be the best discussion i have seen.
I know exactly how you all feel. I have wavy hair that sometimes decides to be really curly (and a frizzy mess) or really straight. For years, i either got perms or straightened it on a daily basis. I gave up on both about 2 months ago (perm free for 10 years, straight free for 2 months). Now it is a guessing game...by noon I usually know what my hair is going to look like for the day. If I scrunch and diffuse i can get small frizzy curls, if I don't touch it, then I get either waves or big curls that are inconsistent and never soft or one curl pattern.
I decided to keep experimenting with products (because i think it is fun) and just let my hair grow to the middle of my back. What happens with it happens. I refuse to fully dry it with a diffuser or straighten it anymore, i just have too much hair for that. I wash, condish, add product, plop, then diffuse for 5 minutes. What happens then is a surprise. Right now I am enjoying it...it sort of looks like Jennifer Aniston's hair when she left it wavy. I just want frizz-free hair that is soft, not dry and i don't have to spend a lot of time on.
Good luck to everyone. Enjoy trying new things with your wavy hair...who wants just straight or just curly hair...wavy hair adds change, excitement and fun. you never know what you are going to get. Also, unless you have ridiculously frizzy or damaged hair, no one can tell, its just you thinking it looks horrible. To everyone else, it probably looks beautiful. :P
Type 2C/3A, Medium texture and I have a ton of it, long hair, brunette, flat crown.
Modified CG'er since August 2004