What works for me is to rake a very small amount (e.g. pea-size) of product to soaking wet hair, scrunch and/or plop, then wait until barely damp to scrunch in the rest of my product. The small amount I add initially helps reduce frizz and encourages curls and clumps, but doesn't weigh me down the way it would if I added all my product to soaking hair.

Okay, this is totally interesting to me. I'm only 2 months CG, so I've been following what appears to be the general recommendation - put product in while hair is soaked. This waiting until damp or almost dry thing fascinates me. Here's my main question - how do you ladies keep your hair from frizzing up on you while it's drying and before the product goes in? Or maybe it doesn't matter, since the product will coat the hair and take care of any frizz that happened before it was applied? I'm trying to get a sense of the steps to a routine here. Anyone want to tell me step by step how they do this?

I'm really interested because I feel like scrunching with my CLU towel to absorb water after products are in takes most of them right back out! And I hate to waste product.
Originally Posted by Rustina
waves, loose coils, and cherub curls (=mixed 2s through 3a), very fine texture overall (but with medium and even coarse strands scattered throughout)