View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 09:23 PM   #47
Chelle

California Waves-I used Jess's Creamy cleeanser, Too Shea and Aloeba but the only product I *love* is the CC, I really *like* the Too Shea and the Aloeba is so so, RR was too heavy for my hair and Gelebration makes it frizzy.....go figure but I am anxious to see what her new product is like.

Eastcoast-I can't wait for my hair to grow out again because that is exactly what I was thinking would happen. My stylist is always wanting to give me layers to give give me more bounce....I tried to tell her that layers do not give me more body or bounce....they flatten my hair and mess up the curl pattern. The way you described is how I would like to have mine....basically all one length with just a few choppy layers and some shorter pieces around my face (chin length). Mine gets some really neat curls in it as it lengthens too but the shorter pieces (some of which are at the top of my ear when curly) have these straight and frazzly ends which drive me nuts. I was going to have it trimmed all over to get rid of these but after reading this I think I will just let it grow and see if they go away on their own.

If the frayed ends were caused from damage they should be on the longer pieces, the pieces that have frazzly ends are only about 5 inches long, they are on the canopy but they haven't had that much more abuse than the rest. Actually if I am not really careful when styling *a lot* of the ends of my layers will stick out straight and sort of frazzly, once they hit my shoulders the start to develop into some neat curls.

As far as a no crunch soft feeling styler, I really, really like the Garnier Fructis mousse, it is just great. No crunch at all, shine, very soft feel but controls frizz and has even managed to keep my ends from looking frazzly.

One more thing (eastcoast and anyone else that wants to answer ) when is the best time for you to put in product? When it is wet, damp, ? and do you comb your hair at all or finger comb your product through? Just wondering how that effects your waves? There are times when I have great luck finger combing products through and times when it pulls my waves right out but I like the feel of finger combing and it seems to make my hair shinier and healtheir looking.

Chelle