What works for me is to rake a very small amount (e.g. pea-size) of product to soaking wet hair, scrunch and/or plop, then wait until barely damp to scrunch in the rest of my product. The small amount I add initially helps reduce frizz and encourages curls and clumps, but doesn't weigh me down the way it would if I added all my product to soaking hair.
this is interesting, my favorite combo right now is AG recoil and CK. I've been applying them both to damp hair but the REcoil is pretty sticky(like caramel sauce consistency) and I find I use a lot of CK to basically rewet my hair in order to be able to scrunch successfully.

I'm going to try a two prong approach by applying REcoil to dripping hair in the shower to get better distribution, then plop for 5-10 as usual and then apply my CK and diffuse. I hope this cuts down on the stickiness of REcoil but gives me the structure I need and the CK can take care of the frizz as usual. Maybe if I can use less CK, the drying time will lessen as well.
shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909