KookyCurl, you're right about the mineral oil.

I just switched to safflower oil and my face is no longer dry after OCM. It sometimes seems like it's harder to get the oils off my compared to my olive oil mix. I steam 2-3 times and wipe off each time with a hot washcloth, but I can still feel some on my face. However, it doesn't exactly feel greasy and my face doesn't look shiny. It feels how it would feel after putting a rich face cream on your face that absorbs well. I have a feeling this could just be my skin being less stripped... and I guess... supple. It hasn't felt like that in a while so I think I'm mistaking it for not cleaning my face enough.
Originally Posted by ruchipuchi
Dont worry, that sounds about right. I was paranoid about that (leftover oil) feeling but I saw no negative results. & according to the ocm website if your mix is right your not supposed to need a moisturizer after, so you should be okay. I still use my emu after only because I love what it does to my skin.

& relating to the post before last.. I do ocm every night (if im not lazy) and like someone stated above I cleanse my face with ground oatmeal in the morning. I found that doing the deep cleansing of the ocm at night AND washing in the morning with soap was why my skin was breaking out still, since im sensitive.. that was overdoing it. I think the oatmeal works so good for me because im sensitive, but id def recommend a gentle, maybe cream cleanser in the mornings.. no need to super deep clean when all you did was go to sleep lol.