I'm looking to experiment with oil combinations.

I was thinking of trying castor oil, sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, and jojoba oil.

Sunflower oil is great on dry, damaged skin since it is very nourishing and conditioning. The grapeseed oil acts like an astrigent, toning and tightening (great for sensitive, acne prone skin) yet is very mositurzing. The jojoba oil is a great pore clogger, also used in the treatment of acne. Adding peppermint oil may give it that extra kick!

Can adding too many different types of oil cause clogging and breakouts? Also, are all these oils non-comedogenic?

Do share!
Originally Posted by capaRezza
Adding too many oils won't cause problems, but it might make it more difficult to figure out which one is the wrong oil for you if there is a problem. Many love jojoba, but my skin hates it! What I would suggest is try just castor and one other oil to begin with, then start adding the others slowly to see how your skin reacts.

Be very careful with the peppermint EO!!!! (Actually any EO) Don't add more then 12 drops total to 1 oz of oils. 1 oz = 2 tablespoons. Lavender or tea tree oils are nice for problem skin.
3a/3b Medium Texture & Normal Porosity
Modified CG since November 2009
Low Poo - (Once in a while) True Polaris Solid Shampoo Bar
CO-wash/Condish - (I'm lazy, one step only!) True Polaris Solid Conditioner Bars
Styling - True Polaris Truly Curly Styling Gel I add 'cones in summer Truly Frizz Free Hair Serum
I plop and defuse daily

I love MUSE