View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 09:40 AM   #87
curry curls

Quote:
Originally Posted by capaRezza View Post
I'm looking to experiment with oil combinations.

I was thinking of trying castor oil, sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, and jojoba oil.

Sunflower oil is great on dry, damaged skin since it is very nourishing and conditioning. The grapeseed oil acts like an astrigent, toning and tightening (great for sensitive, acne prone skin) yet is very mositurzing. The jojoba oil is a great pore clogger, also used in the treatment of acne. Adding peppermint oil may give it that extra kick!

Can adding too many different types of oil cause clogging and breakouts? Also, are all these oils non-comedogenic?

Do share!
I have used various oils for the past couple of years. I've had no problem with jojoba, olive, sunflower, or grapeseed oil. I did have drying issues with the castor, so I quit using it. Now, I'm using Origins gentle cleansing oil which has a bunch of different oils in it...olive, sunflower, and some others. I love it. It's pricey, but I've had my bottle since July and expect it to last a few more months. Then I use EVOO to moisturize afterwards while my skin is still wet. I use the Origins on dry skin and then steam, etc.

Co-wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle or Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm
Leave-in/Styling: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie on top
curry curls is offline   Reply With Quote