View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #88
starlasaz

Default 7 months in..

After finding the curly girl mecca that is naturally curly and having unbelievable success with it for the past 2 years, I was looking for a better way to take care of my skin and not give in to the beauty industry hyped products and evil cycles.

I've been doing OCM for the past 7 months. I've been off birth control for a few years and my acne came back and I tried every product in the market to get rid of it. I made an appt back in May with a dermatologist and wasn't able to get in until September. My skin became dry and flakey from all the products I was trying. My eyes became wrinkly and tired looking. (I'm only 26!)

But after just a few times using OCM I was able to get my skin feeling soft, moisturized and comfortable again. The little bumps called milia that I had disappeared after a few months and now all I have left is hormonal acne that I get a week before my period along my jaw/chin area.

Nothing the dermatologist has prescribed me has helped so far so I went back on birth control. When I told my dermatologist about OCM she gasped at the fact that I was using oil on my face and begged me to stop. But I couldn't because the creams and pills she was giving me to cure my acne just made my skin more dry and itchy and irritated. I just don't feel that she knew her stuff.

I've researched what is non-comedogenic. And these oils are safe and non-poreclogging!

I use half / half jojoba oil & castor oil w/ a dash of tea tree oil. I do this just once at night and steam w/ a wash cloth to get rid of all my makeup and clean my face.

My mosturizer I use consists of a mixture of 100% Aloe Vera gel, Jojoba Oil, a few drops of Tea Tree Oil, and 100% Vegetable Glycerin.

In the morning all I do is wash my face with a warm water wash cloth and put on some of my homemade mosturizer.

My skin has never felt better. I still have acne, but I'm 100% sure it's hormonal acne and the only thing that seems to fix that is to regulate your hormones. And that can only be done from within.
starlasaz is offline   Reply With Quote