I had my uterus removed when I was 27, so I understand how confusing it is when you don't have a period to go by. At 50 I had all the symptoms you are having. It was terrible, especially the hot flashes. I had a 20 minute drive to work and would get 4 while driving. They would also make me a little light headed. I don't have them that often now. I'm 59. If I drink coffee or alcohol I may get one, but it isn't too bad. I still have the insomnia at times, but that's getting better too. I find that if I'm having trouble sleeping taking a Xanax tablet helps.

It does get better, but it is hard to go thru. I think it's also important that your family and friends understand what you are going thru. You will need their support and understanding. You may have mood swings that can confuse them.

(((HUGS))) and know you can come here for support or if you just want to complain. WE understand.

ETA: I've just recently started having the eye redness. It's worse in the mornings. CP, what eye ointment do you use. I was using an eye gel at night, but it didn't help. I've also tried Visine, but no results with that either. I'd really like to find something that works, becuz it's embarrassing.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Last edited by Lotsawaves; 11-06-2010 at 10:05 AM.