The Curly Q products are made for children so they are therefore formulated for sensitive scalps. But they work exactly the same as their Curls counterparts. So if yoy would like to use the Curls products because they are slighty cheaper then by all means that is not a bad thing to do.

I use the current Curls Milkshake formula that is out now with no problems at all by itself or even combined with another Curls product. But please be aware that Curls Milkshake wasn't really formulated to be combined with such Curls stylers as the Whipped Cream or Curls Souffle, because they are very moisturizing already by themselves and they work best combined with Curls Quenched anyway. I have two ways that I have used Curls Milkshake as of late: paired with Curls Spiral or all alone. But the way that I use it mainly goes according to what my hair's needs are at that time. Oh and Curls Milkshake smells like vanilla of course.

And on the Curls website it currently shows that Curls Milkshake is out of stock and won't be back in stock until 1/18.

Hope this helps you out Texas Mama.
"Curls Tester"
Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion