Yeah, I burned myself. I'm too scared to try your vaseline trick, NCC

My legs feel soooo smooth after shaving last night. I was really pleased. I can't shave my pits. Since I stopped my pits aren't as discolored as they were when I shaved.

Empress, I tried waxing myself in the past with muslin strips and some wax I got from Sally. It was a disaster...after that I decided to leave the waxing to the pros. Maybe I should have tried the wax you use instead.

I need to figure something out. Most of my pit hair was removed with the Nair, but I still have a patch of hair under each arm. Not a good look.
Originally Posted by curlyarca
lmao!!! my tips for waxing:

exfoliate the day before, i use st ives apricot scrub, or even the generic one but im sure another will suffice. this step really, really helps. and i use the pre hon cleanse and the wax off by gig.

take some motrin an hour ahead of time. i took four the other night....but i was also have menstrual cramps but it REALLY helped i swear they helped. i barely flinched while waxing

if you're waxing the love below, sit on a plastic bag so you dont get drippies all over, and use a mirror.

legs and armpits i can wax 1-2-3. wax goes on in direction of growth, and comes off in opposite direction.

Ok yall are brave I could never wax myself, hell sometimes I want to beat the woman who is waxing me lol.

Then I tried my girlfriends Braun Silk Epil for real it was like slow torture...on the up side it did give a nice shave but man it hurt like a bit@# maybe I am just a baby.

Anyway I shave and my ex actually taught me I was doing it wrong. He gave me some tips and I have to say I no longer get ingrown hairs and I stopped destroying my skin. So here are the the three things I learned number one women's razor suck I use mens, the Mach3 is awesome and thy always have a sale and a coupon (about $9 for 5). Second shave the way the hair grows so for most ladies you should shave your legs going down not up. Third use a thin layer of oil and then a good shaving cream. When you apply a thin layer of oil (I use coconut) it makes the razor slide better thus no bruising the skin and get a good quality shaving cream again men's stuff is superior to women I actually use this stuff from crab tree and evelyn, Nomad I think ($14). It is a really good shave and the best thing is there is no pain.

HTH
Originally Posted by ajna
hahaa ive wanted to kick my waxing lady too. simone', she's the bomb but damn it hurt!

ive tried shaving in the direction the hair grows...but it's never a clean shave for me. hell i refuse to shave anymore. i just wax everything myself plus it lasts for a month or longer.
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

"Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
[/B]