Old 01-17-2007, 07:31 PM   #39
redcelticcurls

Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurabeth33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delma
How do I tame this type of frizz?
This is one of the absolute toughest ones to tame. I've found 2 things really make a difference.

1. Coloring your hair, even just with a clear coat since your wiry frizz isn't gray. This is counterintuitive since it's damaging to color your hair, but it seemed to help because the hair shaft is opened and filled with either color or clear coat and then forced closed again.

2. I've helped mine some between colorings with layering creams/thicker leave-ins under my stylers. This only really helps in cooler temps because, for me in FL, warmer temps mean high humidity and the other frizz types rear their fury when I use thicker creams/leave-ins in warmer temps.
I think there is something to that. My nape frizz is either wiry or crimped. It is mostly a clump of individual hairs that "curl" at right angles or just fly frizzily straight. I think that some is due to nature as that clump has been bothersome since at least the age of 5.

You can see some of it here.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/paulooly...803752361964/5

It does behave better the first week to 10 days after coloring. After that, I think that section could be DT'd every day and not get overconditioned.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote