Hmmm, where do I start? Curly hair is very not appreciated in my country I'm from Tunisia in North Africa, where everybody has 3b hair but everybody hates curly hair, I have always thought that everybody's hair was straight because everybody straightened their hair, so anyways, when we were young my sister and I had to wait for my mom until she's done with all the chores and put my little brothers to bed so she can blow dry and attempt to straighten our hair, we would fall asleep in the chair and wake up with a horrible pain every time she reaches a knot or when the hair would get to hot and burns us, the blow drier was horrible and the brush was even worst. When I grew up a little and realized that hey, my hair is not that bad when it's not blown dried so I decided to leave it the way it is, put some oil in it and put it in a bun or braid it, I never wore a head full of curls out but I loved to look at it when it was drying at home.
Anyways after a few years of high school and a few hurtful comments (thank god they were few I went to college, my roommates encouraged me to wear my hair curly as they saw how it looked when it was drying (thank god for good roommates) so I did for 2 years and then specialized in audio visual press and we had to present newscasts for class activities and of course for grades and the professor told me that if ever wanted to enter his studio again, I had to do something about the thing on top of my head and here we go again with the late night blow drying. Bottom line, as soon as I was done with the class, I hated even the sound of blow driers, I only straightened my hair two times since, once for my wedding and once for my brother in law's wedding (my husband hated it, the next day he asked me if I can shower quickly and let my hair natural again! gooooood husband

woooow, that was a vent, never told this before to anybody, feels good to let it out
A Mediterranean 3b lady
In love with my curls, love love love
CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls

Last edited by generosityt; 01-02-2011 at 01:24 AM.