yeeps... a week ago i went to the salon for a trim. i'd gone there before and had my hair done with a lady who'd gone to an Ouidad workshop, and my hair came out great! but this time, however, my stylist was a lady who had 3a hair like mine and flatironed it every day. So, after a Devacurl (at least!) wash, she ran a palmful of SuperSkinny serum through my hair. and then blow-dried my hair while running very little gel through my hair, separating all my curls into poofy little strands. and then used ANOTHER silicone pomade after it was dry!
needless to say, i was not happy with the way i looked when i came out of there.
Originally Posted by RoCurls
Sounds like you're my hair twin! My friend uses the Paul Mitchell products, and she had a mini bottle of Super Skinny she didn't want and gave it to me. It made my hair frizzier and left it a wavy, poofy mess. Ugh - I figured out why she didn't want it! But probably my worst hair nightmare - well, actually, I'll start from the beginning. I was born with adorable baby ringlets, and until I was about 4, I had curly hair. Then from when I was about 5 - 8 years old, I had perfect straight hair. My dad has straight hair, and my mom has curly hair, so it wasn't a huge deal - you know, kid's hair textures change. Then my hair turned curly again in about 3rd grade - don't ask me why! Well, everyone was oblivious to this fact, so my hair was treated like it was straight for a good year or so. It looked like an honest to god rat's nest. I hate looking at those pictures!
Hair Type: I was thinking thick, fine 3A, but honestly I have no clue! I do know I have a super flat top, and frizz on the sides.
No - Poo Shampoo: Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo
Conditioner: Burt's Bees More Moisture Condish
Products: Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel, AG Recoil Curl Activator

Last edited by Lotsa loops; 01-09-2011 at 03:44 PM.