I've done laser treatment for my face (chin area) and it's the one of the best cosmetic decisions I've ever made. 8 sessions with a 3 year guarantee of 4 touch up sessions - $550 total at a medi-spa (Laser Cosmetica in NYC and Philly). Greatly reduced the amount of hair.

@ Nappy Crown. I'm dark-skinned as well. As you probably already know, the key is to find a place (that you trust of course) that uses the "Cool Glide" or "YAG" laser for dark skin types.

And then there's electrolysis. I've researched this technique used by Lucy Peters which is supposedly permanent. (Although the FDA says there is no such thing as truly permanent hair removal for some individuals.) When I read the reviews, it seems like a lot of transgender folks love the Lucy Peters technique for facial hair removal. I think I trust their opinion...LOL.
Originally Posted by morenae
Was it difficult finding a place, and then laser settings that worked?

I asked my derm about laser, back when I had insurance. Never went through with it, because I didn't want to put out the money and also thought it wouldn't be worth it. Isn't it all about whether the hair is darker than the surrounding skin? My hair can be super fine and hard to see until it's in great quantities. It creates shadow on the skin, but it's not a true contrast with my skin, you know?

I thought the electrolysis would be a better route, but then the time is greater.