curry curls - Umm yes the shortest layers are on top, she did a good job blending the layers. I've had cuts before where it looked like I had a SHELF of hair on top and one on the bottom. Horrible. She cut the back pretty short so there is a lot of volume back there, much more than at the front. I think I wish she had done something with my long pieces in the front, but now I am too afraid to cut them myself.

I'd say that my shortest layer on top, when stretched, actually reaches my jaw, but when allowed to curl, only goes to about the top of my ear.

As far as styling goes, when I am done in the shower I put in just a touch of leave-in (currently KCKT) and flip over upside-down. I usually comb my hair at this point with a wide-tooth away from my head to get everything oriented correctly (towards the floor) then I rake and scrunch in Jessicurl CCSS (I only have a sample and but I am looking for something better). Then usually I rake in only a bit of KCCC near the roots (I hate crunchy roots), and scrunch in the rest to the length of my hair.

This is all done while my hair is very wet, I only squeeze out the excess a bit before starting. After all of this, I plop for only about 15 minutes while I get dressed. This time is enough for my microfiber to soak up just enough so it isn't dripping anymore, and gives me some volume on top. Then I just shake a bit so all my clumps fall into place. I never arrange my clumps, I just let them fall to whichever side they want. Later when it is dry, I scrunch the crunch.

That sounds long...but it really is not horrible, lol.
Originally Posted by aliquot
Thanks. If I let my hair fall where it wanted to, I'd have (to coin a phrase I learned on this site) a "hot mess". I used to plop. Now, I just blot and do the upside down combing. I should start plopping again...maybe when my hair is longer. I just chopped off a bunch to get a better style and to get rid of some of this henna.

Thanks again for your routine!
Started CG July 8, 2008

Co-wash: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle or Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Rinse out: Ion Effective Care Treatment
Leave-in/Styling: Moisture Maniac with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner on top
Protein Treatment: Nutress Moisturizing Protein Pack
Deep Condition:Acure Moroccan Argan Conditioner+Sally's GVP Balm