I'm trying to find a deva stylist in NJ that not only works with curls, but takes into account the shape of your face, your age and body type. Is this asking too much? I have had great cuts with Carlos in NYC, but he is unwilling to try anything new with me and I need a change. Any ideas? What happened to the people at Zoo Crew? I always meant to try there. Any thought on Beauty Basics or other hidden gems that I may be missing?

I am open to any and all suggestions,
Thank you:
Originally Posted by malucurl
You don't say where in NJ you're from. I live in Bergen County and go to Joyce at Glamour Beauty Supply in Ridgewood. I've only been to her once. But, she did a great job. I'm going back again on Saturday 1/22 for my 2nd Deva Cut. While I didn't, specifically, ask her to take the shape of my face, my age, and my body type into account, she seemed open to my suggestions and requests. So, she may be someone you'd like to try if you're close enough.

Here's the info on the "salon" (The main business is a beauty supply store. They have a TINY salon in the back. Trust me when I say TINY. LOL!)

Joyce La Rosa
Glamour Beauty Supplies
33 East Ridgewood Avenue
Ridgewood, NJ 07450-3809
(201) 670-4049
Janet ~ Northern NJ
Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
My Picasa Album
What I used in this photo:
Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
Styling: CJCQ

Last edited by RacerWife7; 01-27-2011 at 01:57 PM.