Curl Pattern: 2b
Density: thin
Elasticity: low
Characteristics: Never grown past shoulders,hard to weigh down,very easy to straighten, hard to encourage curls, dry

CG/ModCG/not CG: Modified CG I low poo once a week in summer and twice month in winter
Hard water or soft water: Hard
Average climate/dew points: Normal dews in summer, low to very low in winter

Protein section:
Do you PT? If so how often? If I'm using IAgirl's gelatin PT, I PT every 2 weeks. With other PTs it was once/week.
How long? Up to 1 hour. At least 20 minutes.
PT with heat or steam? Sometimes I sit under a hard hat dryer. When I use the hard hat dryer, I PT for about 20 minutes.
Favorite PTs: IAgirl's gelatin PT (has hydrolized collogen) is my favorite. I also like Ion Effective Hair care.
Favorite products that contain protein? Ecostyler Krystal, small amount of Ion effective care mixed in my rinse out conditioner
Proteins your hair likes? I haven't met a protein my hair doesn't like. My hair especially likes Hydrolized Collogen. It adds strength, elasticity, and shine to my hair.
Proteins your hair dislikes? None yet.

Moisture section:
Do you DT? If so, how often? I DT after every PT. So, every week or 2 (depending on which PT I'm using).
How long? Usually 5-15 minutes. I will leave it on longer if there are penetrating oils in the DT.
DT with heat or steam? I sometimes sit under my hard hat dryer. It depends on my mood. I'm still experimenting with this.
Favorite DTs: I use some of my rinse out (usually renpure (red one) or GFTN) mixed 50/50 with warm honey
Favorite products to moisturize your hair: Renpure conditioner (red one) or GFTN mixed 50/50 with honey, coconut oil
Ingredient likes: behentrimonium methosulfate, glycerin (normal dews)
Ingredient dislikes: shea butter, jojoba oil, aloe, PEG castor oil, epsom salt
Do you seal? If so, what do you use to seal? I cannot seal. Everything I've tried to seal with causes frizz and makes my hair oily.

Do you avoid humectants? If so, which humectants do you avoid? Do you avoid them at all dew points or only certain dew points?
I avoid glycerin in high and low dew points. I only need to avoid it in things that are left on my hair like styling products and leave-ins. I like glycerin in normal dew points.

Low dew point combos:
Renpure (red) as leave in, FSG, BRHG
Normal dew point combos: Renpure (red) as leave in, FSG/ecostyler krystal mix, BRHG
High dew point combos: I have no idea what to do in high dews. My hair is a hot mess.
HG/Go-to Products: Coconut oil, honey, BRHG, ecostyler,

Name the methods, techniques, and tricks that work for your porous hair?
Spritz and condish method, overnight coconut oil prewash treatments, mixing honey with conditioner, using a humidifier in winter
http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
Cowash: Tresemme naturals
Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
Curl enhancer: FSG
Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers

Last edited by pedaheh; 02-11-2011 at 05:05 PM.