View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
oddityofwings

Curl Pattern:
Mostly 3b, with a little 3c and a teeny bit of 3a.
Density: medium.
Elasticity: lnormal to low.
Characteristics: flat top/no root curl (well, very little), loads 'o shrinkage, very little volume (I like to call it 'clumptastic').

CG/ModCG/not CG: CG in general. I shampoo probably once every two weeks. (see below)
Hard water or soft water:: super hard, thus (comparatively) frequent shampooing.
Average climate/dew points: In the winter, 30-45 temp (30-45 dew), in summer 60-85 temp (dew 40-60).

Protein section:
Do you PT? If so how often? How long? I do, roughly once every week and a half or so, usually for about 15-30 minutes (depending on the PT)
PT with heat or steam? Just in the shower, so with a little steam, I guess.
Favorite PTs: CJ Curl Fix.
Favorite products that contain protein? Curl Junkie Curl Fix, CCCC, Fuzzy Duck conditioner, MopTop conditioner, CJ Repair Me.
Proteins your hair likes?[/B] Wheat, corn, soy, silk.
Proteins your hair dislikes? It has issues with keratin for some reason.

Moisture section:
Do you DT? If so, how often? How long? I normally do about once a week on top of when I follow a PT with a DT (works out to about once every 5 or 6 days). Anywhere between five minutes to an hour.
DT with heat or steam? With body heat - I generally wrap my head in saran wrap and leave it there (ideally while I'm doing something that warms me up).
Favorite DTs: Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment, CJ Curl Rehab
Favorite products to moisturize your hair: Little outside of my DTs - just general conditioners (in my sig).
Ingredient likes: behentrimonium methosulfate, coconut oil/avocado oil, shea butter, glycerin
Ingredient dislikes: jojoba oil, aloe (low dews)
Do you seal? If so, what do you use to seal? Nope. Hair likes to breathe.

Do you avoid humectants? If so, which humectants do you avoid? Do you avoid them at all dew points or only certain dew points? Not normally, and even then only in stylers. I only avoid aloe, and then only in lower dew points (and again, only in stylers - specifcally gel stylers).

Low dew point combos: Curl Rehab+CCCC+CIAB
Normal dew point combos:CCCC+CQ
High dew point combos: DBPSC+Crown Pride Lusicious Curl Creme

[/B]HG/Go-to Products: Curl Rehab, Daily Fix, CCCC, DBPSC

Name the methods, techniques, and tricks that work for your porous hair?
Plopping, definitely. Super soaker, sometimes, but generally I prefer to apply product to semi-dry hair. I like spritz-n-condish and then wrapping my head in saran wrap to add heat for DTs.

Favourites:
CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK...
oddityofwings is offline   Reply With Quote