This is so incomplete, I feel really bad posting it. But I figured, why not? I am still learning about my hair and I can always add to it when I learn more.

Curl Pattern: not sure...2b-3a, I think
Density: medium-thick
Elasticity: low
Characteristics: can be easily weighed down; very brittle, but not dry; seems to need obscene amount of protein, which I just discovered this month. I kept giving my hair moisture and more moisture, because curly hair needs moisture, right? Not mine, not now at least. I didn't understand how my hair could possibly be still so dry even after all the moisture I was giving it.

CG/ModCG/not CG: I swing between mod CG to not CG, currently not CG
Hard water or soft water: soft water (water softener)
Average climate/dew points: not sure, I live in Wisconsin, if that helps

Protein section:
Do you PT? If so how often?
How long?
PT with heat or steam?
Favorite PTs:
Favorite products that contain protein? I try to make sure I have protein in all of my products
Proteins your hair likes? so far, all of them
Proteins your hair dislikes?

Moisture section: My hair is hating moisture at the moment, so I have backed off from all heavy moisturizing products
Do you DT? If so, how often?
How long?
DT with heat or steam?
Favorite DTs:
Favorite products to moisturize your hair:
Ingredient likes:
Ingredient dislikes:
Do you seal? If so, what do you use to seal? still experimenting with this one. So far seems a fail, though in theory sealing should work awesomely for my hair??

Do you avoid humectants? If so, which humectants do you avoid? Do you avoid them at all dew points or only certain dew points? I am trying to avoid humectants, I still need to do some reading up on them about when/if I should be using them. My hair has a tendency to blow up like a puffer fish, I am assuming this is d/t humectant usage, haven't figured out a pattern for that yet.

Low dew point combos:
Normal dew point combos:
High dew point combos:

HG/Go-to Products: GVP K-Pak, Tigi MM(though this one has been shelved for now)

Name the methods, techniques, and tricks that work for your porous hair? Coconut Oil prewash; when I remember, the spritz & condish; plopping; I wash every 2-3 days; ACV rinse

ETA: pedaheh, thanks for organizing this hair bio
dense, very fine, high porosity, poor elasticity
Loves Protein
No heat styling

Last edited by dernhelm; 02-12-2011 at 10:31 AM.