Curl Pattern: 2a here, 2C Fia with some 3A tendancies depending on what I use
Density: thick
Elasticity: low
Characteristics: easily weighed down, flat top, less wurly back and canopy

CG/ModCG/not CG: I mostly CO, with the occasional low poo and probably once a month or two do a sulfate start over.
Hard water or soft water: UGH HARD
Average climate/dew points: Varies with the seasons

Protein section:
Do you PT? If so how often? Yep. My hair eats it for breakfast. Usually at least once a week, though I'm finding that in the heat of summer my hair wants more protein than moisture and it's the OPPOSITE in winter, and it wants more moisture than protein.
How long? anywhere from 20 mins to 2 hours depending on what I'm using.
PT with heat or steam? No but I do put a cap on to trap my body heat
Favorite PTs: SS RPT, CJCF, CJRM
Favorite products that contain protein? Cure care from Sallys (with the added benefit of no fragrance), Salon Care brand Honey Almond, CJCF, CJRM, SS RPT and Protein Spray as well as stylers, DBPC
Proteins your hair likes?
Any and all. It's really not picky at all. Oddly Enough.
Proteins your hair dislikes? None

Moisture section:
Do you DT? If so, how often? Yes. Anytime I do a PT I follow with moisture, and sometimes I do just a DT instead. At least once a week.
How long? Anywhere from 20 mins. to 2 hours, rarely overnight.
DT with heat or steam? No but I use the cap again.
Favorite DTs: SS DD, AOHR, Deva HIH, Inceto Coconut
Favorite products to moisturize your hair: See Above
Ingredient likes: behentrimonium methosulfate, Coconut oil, argan oil, camellia oil, most anything naturally based like that for the most part that I'm not allergic to
Ingredient dislikes: GLYCERIN (and other humectants), Mag Sulfate, Lavendar, some citrus oils, Castor oil, most fragrances
Do you seal? If so, what do you use to seal? Sometimes. Coconut oil, argan oil, camellia oil.

Do you avoid humectants? If so, which humectants do you avoid? Do you avoid them at all dew points or only certain dew points? HECK YA I AVOID THEM! My hair HATES them. Mostly I avoid Glycerin, though I'm trying to get away from Panthenol too. I avoid them at all dewpoints.

Low dew point combos: Any moisturizing condish as LI (I use more in winter), followed by an enhancer/styler like SS CEJ or UFDCM
Normal dew point combos: Same, with less or no LI
High dew point combos: No LI, same stylers, sometimes combined with harder holding gels

HG/Go-to Products: Any SS, DBPC, UFDCM, Sally Cure Care Condish, Varied natural oils like coconut, argan and camellia

Name the methods, techniques, and tricks that work for your porous hair?
No Plopping. No Spritz/condish, no prepoos. Clipping and diffusing after using a CLU towel to scrunch out most of the water.

Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Ingredients Maven
Products: Free and Clear sulfate free poo and condish, Theraneem Sulfate Free Shampoo/Condish, Unscented SSCEJ, Coconut oil, Camellia oil, Argan oil
Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy