View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #8
Sbudsky

Curl Pattern: 2cish (Fia's), but can appear anywhere from 2a-3a depending on the weather, products, and routine
Density: medium to thick
Elasticity: normal (I think)
Characteristics: very little root curl/limp at top, extremely fine and straighter at crown; never colored, dyed, or bleached (except for dabbling with Sun-In once or twice 15 years ago); multiple colors and textures throughout my head (individual strands range from blond and super fine to near black and coarse)

CG/ModCG/not CG: Modified CG. I low-poo occasionally, whenever my hair seems like it has build-up
Hard water or soft water: average, I think
Average climate/dew points: Varies. This winter has averaged under 20 (often single digits), spring and fall seems to be 20-50ish, summer is 40-70+
Protein section:
Do you PT? If so how often? Yes, at least 1x per week, more in summer
How long? 10 mintutes.
PT with heat or steam? in the shower
Favorite PTs: Ion, K-Pak, or Giovanni Reconstructor
Favorite products that contain protein? Giovanni Smooth as Silk, K-Pak, Ion Repair
Proteins your hair likes?
keratin, wheat, silk
Proteins your hair dislikes? ?

Moisture section:
Do you DT? If so, how often? yes
How long? depends
DT with heat or steam? not usually
Favorite DTs: still trying to find the best one for me
Favorite products to moisturize your hair: Also still working on this, as it seems to depend on the weather.
Ingredient likes: aloe, agave, jojoba
Ingredient dislikes: glycerin in winter
Do you seal? If so, what do you use to seal? nope

Do you avoid humectants? If so, which humectants do you avoid? Do you avoid them at all dew points or only certain dew points?
My hair generally loves humectants, but HATES them in winter. Glycerin flash dries my hair in low dews. Once the dews dip below 20, my hair starts reacting badly to KCCC and SS CEJ, so I have been avoiding aloe, honey, and agave, but I'm not actually sure what the culprit is.

Low dew point combos:
a heavy low humectant conditioner (still trying to find the right one)+FSG+Giovanni LA Natural Gel
Normal dew point combos: SS CEJ+FHG,
High dew point combos: BRHG or another hard hold gel over a light LI
HG/Go-to Products: I seem to have to change my rotation every season, and unfortunately nothing seems to work consistently for me. That being said, my go-to products are:

KCCC
BHRG
FSG
Giovanni Smooth-as-Silk Conditioner
Spiral Solutions CEJ and FHG
Giovanni LA gel

Name the methods, techniques, and tricks that work for your porous hair?
I super soak to get clumps, but wait until my hair is nearly dry to add my hold product

Last edited by Sbudsky; 03-29-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Sbudsky is offline   Reply With Quote