I'm medium to fine textured, with a little coarseness thrown in:

Curl Pattern:
4a/3c
Density: thick
Elasticity: normal
Characteristics: lots of wonderful shrinkage on the first day, dislikes most oils and butters, loves humidity, not easily weighed down

ModCG: During humid seasons, I use products containing silicones and I shampoo biweekly. During the drier seasons, I try to stay away from silicones and only cowash/low poo.

Hard water

Average climate/dew points: Usually, moderate climate with dewpoints average during the spring and fall. Summer and winter, the dew points are low.
Protein section:
Do you PT? For the winter, I do a PT about every 2 weeks. In the summer, once a month.

How long?
20-30 mintutes

PT with heat or steam? Steamin' and loving it!
Favorite PTs: Elucence, homemade avocado/hempseed oil mask, pure banana mask, Shima Hair Repair

Favorite products that contain protein?
Conditioners-Elucence, Mop Top DC, Shima Hair Repair

Proteins your hair likes?
All
Proteins your hair dislikes? None

Moisture section:
Do you DT? I DT each time I cowash/low poo/shampoo, unless I need a PT

How long?
30-45 minutes

DT with heat or steam? Steam

Favorite DTs: Aquage, BB Herbal Reconditioner, MC Deep Conditioner, Jessicurl Weekly Conditioning Treatment, Deep Spiral Solutions DDMT, CD Black Vanilla Smoothie, Bed Head TIGI Self Absorbed, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix Conditioner, Mop Top DC, Argan Magic Restorative Hair Mask, ...

Favorite products to moisturize your hair:
Conditioners -Same as DT's
Leave in conditioners-Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier, Nu-Gro Spray Moisturizer
Styling products-Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream, Jessicurl Confident Coils, MC Leave-in, KCCC, Curly Hair Solutions CK, CJ H&B Honey Butta, John Masters Organics Bourbon Vanilla & Tangerine Hair Texturizer, Argan Magic Nourishing Hair Cream/oil,

Ingredient likes: behentrimonium methosulfate, glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, herbal TEA's, a little bit of butters and oils

Ingredient dislikes: petroleum, mineral oil, heavy concentration of butters and oils, tallow-anything, bean tree-anything, isopropyl alcohol, SD alcohol

Do you seal? No, most of the time my leave-ins keep my ends moisturized. On the rare occasion that I do seal, it will be with Tamanu oil.

Do you avoid humectants?
No

Low dew point combos:
cowash, PT, Protective Mist Bodifier, Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream, Jessicurl Confident Curls
Normal dew point combos:
shampoo/low poo, DC, Max Professional Braid Out! Tangle Free
High dew point combos:
shampoo/low poo, DC or PT, leave-in, just about any type of styler
HG/Go-to Products: Elucence Repair Treatment, Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier, all of my DT's, All of my stylers

Name the methods, techniques, and tricks that work for your porous hair?
DT/PT, spritzing 3x/week, air drying, using quality products, and sleeping with a satin cap occasionally.
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
This list is not exhaustive...
Winter Regimen
Pre-poo: Hempseed oil
Cowash: HE The Sleeker The Butter, Trader Joe's Moisture Conditioner
Shampoo/Clarifier:various
PT:Not for a while...
DT:
Smooth Sexy Hair Sulfate-Free Smoothing Conditioner
LI/Detangler: It's a 10!, CURLS Cashmere Curls leave-in
Stylers: various
Sealers: Tamanu oil, The Body Shop Wild Argan Solid Oil

*experimenting and loving it!

Last edited by Greatcurls; 10-29-2011 at 06:04 PM.