Let me clarify what I mean by-- that it gives me second-day hair. I reread my post.

I have only found that the FreshCurls refiner and Garnier Fructis sleek and shine creamy leave-in are the only two that I can get away with second day hair. Both of them are similar to me (different smell...FreshCurls is creamier, but both creamy). They both have amodimethicone in it, which works miracles in my hair.

Other creamy leave-ins (the CG ones) leave my hair too frizzy the next day. I don't know why it is (maybe cones help ???). So, the next day, I just need a spray leave-in to help defrizz (as it get a little frizzy but is able to magically defrizz with some help...the other leave-ins didn't seem to do that).

My "help" is spray leave-in...and guess what? They have amodimethicone in them. The two I use are: Tresemme HeatTamer and Nexxus (I think it's Luxe?? It's a small, off-white aerosol can). Technically, the Tresemme one is a heat protectant...but it has the exact same ingredients as the Nexxus leave-in but fraction of the price. It is in a black pump spray. I like both...the Nexxus one smells really good but its pricy. I think I like the pump spray effects better.

I have tried homemade leave-ins (using water and a rinse out conditioner) and it just doesn't work. I am not good at making homemade anything.

Actually, the Tresemme one doesn't have the exact ingredients anymore. They reformulated. They added a water soluble cone, in addition to amodimethicone. I haven't found any problems with the reformulation. It seems to work the same.

So, if you want to go cheap...Use the Garnier Fructis sleek and shine leave-in (green bottle) and Tresemme Heat Tamer.
I think I like Redkens refiner a little better and am willing to pay extra...but the GF sleek and shine one is really good in my book, too.

Hope that helps.
That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.

3a/3b