I'm not bashing any type of hair. I really don't want to offend anyone, or make this some crazy race discussion but I have a question.

I am biracial, my father is black and my mother is white. My curls fit somewhere between 3b and 3c. When I straighten my hair, it is on the poofy side, looks fried and you can just tell that my hair is not naturally straight.

I used to work with a girl who had curly hair. She was white, but straightened her hair every day and it looked like her hair was naturally straight.

Is this a race thing? Or just a matter of curly type? People with 2-3a hair seem to have finer silkier hair. While people with 3b+ hair it seems to be coarser and more prone to frizz. And in my experience white people have the first type, and other races have the latter.

Yet again please don't be offended by this. In general I like my own hair and don't feel like anyone should be pressured into fitting a certain mold. I just wish I could straighten my hair once in awhile for a change and it could look normal.