Old 02-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #65
CurliLocks

Send a message via Yahoo to CurliLocks
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzie! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurliLocks View Post
I'd like the Endurance for summer! Pretty!

Question: When you all polish your nails, do you leave that much space between the polish and the cuticle?

My nails grow so fast that I usually push the cuticle back right before polishing so it has longer to grow out. Most of the model pics look like my nails after a week of growth!
The reason bloggers leave that gap is so that they don't get polish all over their cuticles. That way they don't have to clean up around their nails, and they can keep the polish remover off of their skin so that they don't get terribly dry hands. It also is quicker to remove if it doesn't cover the entire nail, which is important when you're swatching 10 colors at a time.

When they do real manicures their polish goes all the way to the edges of their nails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saila View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurliLocks View Post
I'd like the Endurance for summer! Pretty!

Question: When you all polish your nails, do you leave that much space between the polish and the cuticle?

My nails grow so fast that I usually push the cuticle back right before polishing so it has longer to grow out. Most of the model pics look like my nails after a week of growth!
No, I don't. That space is referred to as "the gap" in the nail world, I think. People who have nail polish blogs swatch a lot of nail polish. All that apply/remove/repeat is hard on their nails and cuticles, so they leave that space to make it a bit easier on them.
Thank you both! Makes sense. I didn't think about all the photos being from bloggers.

SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring"
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
* pw: just4curlies
* My Motto: Strand Test!
some hair pics
-- gone, but never forgotten.
CurliLocks is offline   Reply With Quote