The first picture is almost exactly 5 months ago. And the second one is from today. While my hair wasn't horrible back in October, it definitely wasn't as curly as it is now. I've always had relatively healthy hair - even though I was cleansing w/sulfates, etc.. I was, basically, deep conditioning every day after stripping w/sulfates (which, in hindsight, seems kind of odd ). But, I think that's what saved my hair from being dry and split. Back then, if I pulled a strand of hair out and slid it through my fingers, I could feel tiny "burrs" on it as I slid my fingers down it. But, now, that feeling is gone.

My hair LOOKS shorter in today's picture. But, in reality, it's longer. It just curls much better, and because of that, it looks shorter. Wow. ...I'm amazed at how persistence, time, care, and better products have enhanced the curls I already had. I didn't know how good they could look! It does look a bit messier, style-wise today. But, the curl is so much better, I don't even care. I'm not messing with it. LOL!

BTW - that October pic was my first attempt at a super-soak. Worked pretty well for the first time.

So, for those of you who are struggling in the first months of trying this, hang in there. It gets better if you stick with it. I have to say (again), probably the best move I made was having Live Curly Live Free analyze my hair and do their Curl Wizard thing. WELL worth the minor cost.
Janet ~ Northern NJ
Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
My Picasa Album
What I used in this photo:
Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
Styling: CJCQ

Last edited by RacerWife7; 03-05-2011 at 07:52 PM.