Curl Pattern: 2b, I'm pretty sure, though really it's probably a mix of a few of them.
Density: stylists always tell me I have "nice thick hair" but to me, it seems medium.
Elasticity: Um...normal? I'm really unsure about this one. The tests I've performed on stray pieces of hair have all given me different results.
Characteristics: No root curl, fairly easy to weigh down, only about a 1/2 inch to an inch of shrinkage, has a tendency to frizz and get really super curly if exposed for a while in cold weather (no amount of gel or conditioner has been able to help this! Argh!), easily straightened

CG/ModCG/not CG: Mod-CG. I use a low-poo a few times a week, depending on when I think I need it.
Hard water or soft water: Hard in my dorm building, but normal/soft at my parents' house.
Average climate/dew points: I'm unsure on the average dew points, but I know the climate in my college town is sort of dry. Well, dry for Oregon, haha. However, in my hometown, it's fairly wet.

Protein section:
Do you PT? If so how often?
How long?
Yes I do. Generally it's around once a week. If I have time, I PT for an hour-ish, but when I don't have time, I just PT in the shower for as long as I can.
PT with heat or steam? Steam, I suppose, when I PT in the shower.
Favorite PTs: The only one I've ever used is Nexxus Emergencee, and it seems to work pretty well. I wouldn't mind trying others sometime, but I'm content for now.
Favorite products that contain protein? Um, I'll get back to you.
Proteins your hair likes?
See above.
Proteins your hair dislikes? See above above.

Moisture section:
Do you DT? If so, how often? I've only ever tried with regular conditioner, left on under a showercap for an hour. Made my hair pretty soft...may have even OC'd me a little. So far I haven't really had much of a need for DTs.
How long?
DT with heat or steam?
Favorite DTs:
Favorite products to moisturize your hair:
Desert Essences Coconut seems to be working pretty well, and I love the consistency/smell.
Ingredient likes:
Ingredient dislikes: Too much shea butter tends to weigh me down. And coconut oil gets my hair reeeeeeally greased up, even if I just use a dab. Weird, right? Especially considering my conditioner has coconut oil and my hair like that just fine.
I haven't completely given up on coconut oil, though. If I can't find a way to use up the rest of it in my hair, then I guess I'll just have to cook up some killer stir-frys.
Do you seal? If so, what do you use to seal?

Do you avoid humectants? If so, which humectants do you avoid? Do you avoid them at all dew points or only certain dew points?
I sort of halfheartedly try to avoid them (glycerin, mostly) in winter/fall, but I keep managing to convince myself over and over that my hair will be fine if I use humectants in adverse conditions. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't, so the jury is still out on this one.
Low dew point combos:
Normal dew point combos:
High dew point combos:

HG/Go-to Products: Ehhhhhh I have some products that I like, but none are HG products, per se. My fall back tried-and-true gel, however, is HE Body Envy. Except that they discontinued it, so I'm gonna have to adapt to a new fallback pretty quick here...

I'm really really liking VO5 Calming Chamomile conditioner as a co-wash though!

Name the methods, techniques, and tricks that work for your porous hair?
Getting hair damp with my hands in the morning to "wake up" my curls, and sometimes adding a little more gel; finger combing in liberal amount of gel immediately after I wash my hair; diluting some of my low-poo in with conditioner when I use it.
Oregon curly!
Fine hair; weighed down easily; high porosity; prone to flyaways & The Bedhead Look
2b? (or not 2b? Heehee.)
Mod-CG since Nov '10
Cowash: VO5 Calming Chamomile
RO: Desert Essences Coconut
Gel: Pantene Curls Gel, LALSG
http://public.fotki.com/sleepyjess/ (updated: 5.28.11)

"She may be afraid of trees. But when push comes to shove, she won't let you drink the shampoo. No matter how good it smells."

Visit me! http://nakedsquid.blogspot.com

Last edited by sleepyjess; 06-07-2011 at 08:44 PM.