However, sometimes due to insufficient nutrition our hair can't reach all of its growth potential so I would advice that instead of cutting your hair you try to improve your nutrition by taking extra protein and including growth promoting supplements and also massaging your scalp twice daily so that improved circulation can deliver those nutrients to your follicles. It may very well be that you may have been a little short on some key nutrients for years and that prevented your hair from growing more, I've heard enough stories of people whose hair started growing faster after they embarked on a program so I think it's worth a try.
Originally Posted by HalfWavyHalfCurly
Definitely sound (and practical) advice. I've taken a multi-vitamin and GNC Ultra Nourishair sporadically, but found it hard to commit to a schedule. During the past 3 weeks or so, I've miraculously been taking the vitamins daily. I also purchased a Rosemary hair/scalp oil via "From Nature With Love" and JASON Thin-To-Thick scalp elixer...but again, I only remember to massage my scalp every once in awhile. I'm going to try my darndest to see what happens when I stick to a DAILY scalp ritual and continue taking my vitamins.

Perhaps I should pull out a strand and measure it every other month to see if I've made any progress.

SYB - I'm definitely going to look into that serum.

3b/c fine corkscrews and spirals. Naked hair above.

Wash: Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo
Condish: Shescentit Avocado/Honey Rinse
Moisture DT: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk, Crece Pelo
Protein DT: Shescentit Okra Hair Repair Reconstructor
Leave-Ins: Shescentit Coco Creme, Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean, Aubrey Organics Primrose Spray
Stylers: Aubrey Organics B-5, Shea Moisture Curly Souffle

Subject to change!