View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
BrittneeAubreex3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demebear View Post
The other day I was having a conversation with an acquaintance who basically asked me why I was so ashamed of my hair that I rarely wear it out. I told her that I'm in braids(with my own hair) 97% of the time, because I'm trying to reach length goals and to do this I must protect my hair. However when I went home I thought about it further and I've realized that I cannot handle my loose hair. I don't hate my hair texture but I just have not learned how to handle it in the 15 months that I have been natural, because I constantly use protective styles to hide my hair.

Whenever I wear it out, its so dry and breaking by the end of the day. I henna with reshma(once a month), I shampoo with African black soap(once a month), I condition with desert essences coconut conditioner(once a week), I moisturize with qhemets amla and olive heavy cream and komaza care shea butter lotion(every week), and seal with komaza care moku butter and qhemet's olive and honey hydrating balm(every week), and I deep condition with mozeke's hair masque(every month.).

I feel like I'm doing everything right products wise but it seems like my hair is never happy. When I moisturize and seal and then braid and do a braid-out my hair moisturized for the day, but I cannot just do that with just detangled hair. Can y'all please help me find /products that will allow me to wear my hair out more without relying on my protective style as a crutch?

Hair stats:
  • high porosity
  • coarse stands(majority of my hair) and fine strands at my nape
  • medium density
  • hates Shea butter alone
  • dislikes cones/petroleum
I would suggest mixing some condish & water & using a spray bottle throughout the day. Your hair sounds like it needs major conditioning since it's dry & breaking. & It's not good for your hair to be in tight braids all the time, that can cause breakage & pulling hair tight is bad for it at the root.

COwash- Suave Juicy Apple.
Rinse-out- VO5 Passion Fruit Moisture Milks.

Recovering from a bad glue-in extension job.
BrittneeAubreex3 is offline   Reply With Quote