I love both SS and CJ, and use one or the other every single time I style my hair. The only other product line I use at the moment is Marie Dean (really love her curly styling cream and red clover/honey leave-in).

Here are my favorite styling combos. With all of them, I supersoak, plop, and air dry or diffuse. If I have a few flyaways once hair is dry, I use a little MD as a pomade and smooth it over dry hair. (Note: If I use too much and hair looks greasy, I turn the diffuser back on for a couple minutes and re-scrunch). In high dews I finish with MD as a pomade all the time; in fall/winter/spring, some of the time.

My hair is 3A, fine (although there is a lot of it), and not porous. It tangles easily; I have an oily scalp; and I easily get over-conditioned. Consequently, I use small amounts of the creamier products, and always apply to soaking wet hair or supersoak to enhance product distribution.

Gels for extra hold (SS FHG and CJ CQ) are applied after plopping. When I use CJ CQ, which is very concentrated, I only use a quarter-size amount and mix it with a little water prior to use.

Summer (high dews)
CJ CCCC (regular) + SS CEJ
MD CSC or MD mango pudding + SS CEJ

Fall/Winter/Spring (moderate to low dews)
CJ CCCC lite + CJ CQ or SS FHG
CJ CCCC lite (used alone when I braid wet hair and pin up)
MD leave-in + SS CEJ + SS FHG
CJ beauticurls leave-in + CIAB
MD CSC + SS CEJ

rinse-out conditioner (all year long)
CJ smoothing conditioner
CJ curl rehab
CJ repair me
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair