@ rbb: Marie Dean does tend to overdo scents in her products. Initially, she made the CSC with a caramel-scent, and by the end of day 1, I was tired of it. By the end of day 2, I couldn't wait to wash my hair. I then switched to the mango pudding plus for a while, and intended to order the CSC in unscented. However, she sent me a sample of the CSC in a new scent, which I think was the raspberry vanilla, and it was fine. The good news is that once any of her products have been sitting on your shelf for a few months, the intensity of the scent is substantially reduced. So if you can't bear it now, just put it to the side for a while and try it again in the summer.
Originally Posted by melaniesusan
thanks! i could not figure out what to do with it, i could not even offer it to my daughter. i had to wash my pillowcase the next morning! i'll set it aside and try it again in a couple of months.
Originally Posted by rbb
Another option: assuming you like the vanilla scent but just find it too strong, you can contact Marie Dean and ask her when the unscented CSC will be back in stock. Then order that one and mix the two together. That way you'll have the same scent, but half as strong as it is currently.
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair