View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 04:35 PM   #34
melaniesusan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbudsky View Post
...I meant that the CJ line seems to work better for folks who naturally have a strong curl pattern and/or coarser hair, not that it gives people tighter curls. The SS line, on the other hand, seems tailor-made for ladies with fine hair and/or loose curls, since it has the salts for curl enhancing and the amino acids (i.e. protein).
You might be right about SS. I'm not sure whether any 3C/4A types (or 2C coarse) would like it. Maybe some of them will weigh in here.

I do know that CJ has products that accomodate all curl types, despite the fact that Marsha (the owner) is a 3C/4A. Lots of fine-haired wavies swear by CJ. She has several products with protein: CJ curl fix (collagen, soy, wheat, and corn protein), CJ CQ (wheat protein), CJ Repair Me (keratin protein), and CJ strengthening conditioner (keratin).

In addition, the CJ beauticurls leave-in conditioner and the CJ CCCC lite are specifically geared to fine-haired curlies. Marsha herself uses CCCC lite only as a refresher on dry hair; it's not heavy enough to use as a curl cream for her hair type.

Finally, even the heavier rinse-out conditioners (like CJ curl rehab and CJ smoothing) don't weigh down fine hair. (They are my 2 favorite conditioners, and that's saying alot because I easily get over-conditioned).

Here's a link to the part of the CJ website that shows which products go with which hair types, in case it's helpful:
Product Selection Guide
winter styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair

Last edited by melaniesusan; 04-01-2011 at 10:08 AM.
melaniesusan is offline   Reply With Quote