...I meant that the CJ line seems to work better for folks who naturally have a strong curl pattern and/or coarser hair, not that it gives people tighter curls. The SS line, on the other hand, seems tailor-made for ladies with fine hair and/or loose curls, since it has the salts for curl enhancing and the amino acids (i.e. protein).
Originally Posted by Sbudsky
You might be right about SS. I'm not sure whether any 3C/4A types (or 2C coarse) would like it. Maybe some of them will weigh in here.

I do know that CJ has products that accomodate all curl types, despite the fact that Marsha (the owner) is a 3C/4A. Lots of fine-haired wavies swear by CJ. She has several products with protein: CJ curl fix (collagen, soy, wheat, and corn protein), CJ CQ (wheat protein), CJ Repair Me (keratin protein), and CJ strengthening conditioner (keratin).

In addition, the CJ beauticurls leave-in conditioner and the CJ CCCC lite are specifically geared to fine-haired curlies. Marsha herself uses CCCC lite only as a refresher on dry hair; it's not heavy enough to use as a curl cream for her hair type.

Finally, even the heavier rinse-out conditioners (like CJ curl rehab and CJ smoothing) don't weigh down fine hair. (They are my 2 favorite conditioners, and that's saying alot because I easily get over-conditioned).

Here's a link to the part of the CJ website that shows which products go with which hair types, in case it's helpful:
Product Selection Guide
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair

Last edited by melaniesusan; 04-01-2011 at 11:08 AM.