View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 07:02 PM   #7
werenumber2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfWavyHalfCurly
This is only a suggestion but an alternative to pulling strands to measure new growth could be to put on a mild hair coloring (such as Colorsilk) in a slightly lighter or warmer shade than your own, that way the new growth would become immediately visible.
Mindread, much?

I've ALSO had the idea to tint my hair to see if roots come in. That way, I can see that my hair IS actually growing, but that it's just not retaining length. I've noticed that I do have individual strands with knots/ bulbs on the end, and I recall hearing that this can indicate damage or split ends. Splits will continue up the hair shaft if they're not trimmed, so that could be my problem. In any event, I find it hard to believe that barely shoulder length curly hair is all my hair is capable of!

I'm definitely going to look into the Kal's supplement. I looked into it last year, but opted for the GNC Nourishair instead, for some reason.

3b/c fine corkscrews and spirals. Naked hair above.

Wash: Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo
Condish: Shescentit Avocado/Honey Rinse
Moisture DT: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk, Crece Pelo
Protein DT: Shescentit Okra Hair Repair Reconstructor
Leave-Ins: Shescentit Coco Creme, Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean, Aubrey Organics Primrose Spray
Stylers: Aubrey Organics B-5, Shea Moisture Curly Souffle

Subject to change!
werenumber2 is offline   Reply With Quote