Ugh! Ok...so I've been stalking NC for a few months now but just registered today because I need some help!! I am 30 and have been relaxing for 5 years. I have 3c type hair and my last relaxer was mid October 2010. I decided to try going natural (1)because I have seborrheic dermatitis and my scalp is irritated often which makes getting a touch up difficult. So at 13 weeks when it was time for one, I just decided not to go through the pain (I also think my hair is thinning in the front a little because of the SD...and (2)because the first year or so that my hair was relaxed, I had a beautiful wave pattern when it was wet, but now, it's just straight and limp wet! I can't wear a 'wash and go' anymore! As far as transitioning goes, things were going ok until last month. I am still straightening my hair by blowdrying, then flat ironing just like I have for the past 5 years my hair has been relaxed. After reading these forums, I realized that I really should not be using as much heat, but I like my hair straight. Well, I like it straight when I want it straight, but when it's wet, I want it curly. Anyway, now that I have a few inches of new growth, things are getting more difficult. My hair is breaking when I blowdry it, but because there is such a drastic difference between my natural hair and my relaxed ends, I don't know what else to do as far as styles go. I also have layers so my hair ranges in length from collarbone length to midback. At this point, I'm considering relaxing again, but once it's done, it's done so I want to hear from you all first. How did you guys do it?! It's funny that I've only been relaxing for 5 years but it feels like forever!! I've forgotten how to deal with my natural hair!! ((Sorry my post is so long ))