View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Amazinnatural

I suffer from SD as well so I completely understand your pain. As far as transitioning it's all about will power. If it is something that you really want to do, then go for it. FYI it's normal to have breakage where your natural hair meet the relaxed hair. Also if you were using so much heat on your hair then that will cause breakage as well. For starters you need to really nuture your hair(conditioning/moisturizing) to combat the breakage. Also try different transitioning styles braid-outs, twist-outs, flat twist, bantu knots, roller sets, rod sets, microbraids, sew-ins etc. the list goes on and on. Also you you try cowashing (conditioner washing) twice a week, or whatever works for you. Definitely use as little heat on your hair as possible. If you are looking for shampoos/conditioners that work good for SD sufferers try Shea Moisture Black Soap shampoo and conditioner, they both work well with cleansing the scalp and relieving the ichy scalp, while also moisturizing your hair. Be patient with your hair and it will do what it needs to do. Hope this advice has helped some!!!

Still loving my curls and kinks!
Products I love:
Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
Amazinnatural is offline   Reply With Quote