View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #80
Beebop

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgiblet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebop View Post
I did use my AOGPB and AOHR first before getting highlighted and noticed my hair was limp and lifeless....so after reading many reviews on nc.com I decided the AOHR might be too moisturizing for me to use as a DT so I re-washed the next day with a low poo and did a rinse out with the AOGPB and my curls popped right back.

Any reason to wait 10 days before doing a PT and DT after highlighting?
Yeah, the AOHR is too much for my hair, too.

Doing a protein treatment with heat (which is how I used to do protein treatments after coloring/highlighting) immediately after highlighting could affect the color. If you do a search, you can probably find more explanation on this - something about breaking down bonds, etc., etc., - I can't remember exactly. Now, usually all I do is use CJ Repair me a week before coloring and then again a week or so after I just use CJ Repair Me in the shower and leave on for 10 minutes or so and follow with a little CJ Rehab - seems to be fine for keeping my hair in shape. I haven't been doing treatments with heat as often as I used to; if I feel my hair needs it and I'm feeling ambitious, I will do a heat treatment.
Thank you, I'm researching now. So did you keep your AOHR and use it as a rinse out? I'm contemplating returning it.

Thanks Cyndi- I pm'd Rymorg since she is the expert, and I couldn't find a definite answer in that long thread I remember reading before too.
Leave In- Conditioner pea size
Stylers-Bioterra gel, condition 3-in-1 mousse, AOMM with Shaper hairspray for extra hold.

Last edited by Beebop; 04-07-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Beebop is offline   Reply With Quote