I was trying to protective style more, but all the styles make me look like a three year old so I'm back to WnGs during the day and putting my hair in plaits at night to reduce tangling. Even now though I'm trying not to wash my hair more than twice a week (attempting to do less manipulating)

Why does or do some products make the hair clump together like glue? I have no idea. It might be because if I want a part I'll part my hair in the shower, let the water run over my hair the way I intend on having it look, and then I just put a towel around my shoulders and just let it drip dry. Since I mess with it so little the curls tend to stay better and clump together.

Do you find that a clear leave in works best to avoid the whiteness or does it not matter? Doesn't matter. My hair's got some serious porosity and sucks up anything I put on it, especially when it's dripping wet. I can slather on a milky white leave in, it'll look like there's still residue on my head, but by the time it's dry there's no whiteness to be found.

What leave in conditioner works best with your styler? Creamy leave ins or watery? I don't use any stylers, actually. I just use two different leave ins; usually I'll take some conditioner I co-washed with and run a bit through my hair and follow with an actual leave in, like Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Milk. Wait, maybe that stuff's a styling product. Eh, I don't really know. I just know that usually if my hair's well moisturized and my ends are healthy, my hair curls up more anyway. So stylers aren't my concern.

If you diffuse, how long do you diffuse, or have you ever sat under a dryer before? I don't have a blow dryer or diffuser. I don't use heat.

Have you ever went straight from conditioning your hair to adding your styler, no leave in? Noooooo. The few times I've tried a styler there's always been two leave ins involved. Leave in conditioners are a MUST for me. They never get skipped.

Can you name some good styler and leave in combinations? I guess eco-styler is ALRIGHT, it just seems like it takes ages to fully wash out my hair, which is why I've just stopped using it. The few times I tried it though I'd use my Shea Moisture hair milk and garnier fructis triple nutrition under it. I don't recommend if your hair tends to get residue on it though.

Big Chop: 11/25/09
Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL