Ok so I have some questions, maybe some can shed some light for me
  1. Why does or do some products make the hair clump together like glue? I noticed it happens more with products that have PVP or carbomer in it but recently it happened with FSG
  2. Do you find that a clear leave in works best to avoid the whiteness or does it not matter?
  3. What leave in conditioner works best with your styler? Creamy leave ins or watery?
  4. If you diffuse, how long do you diffuse, or have you ever sat under a dryer before?
  5. Have you ever went straight from conditioning your hair to adding your styler, no leave in?
  6. Can you name some good styler and leave in combinations?
Originally Posted by shawnyblazes
1. Why does or do some products make the hair clump together like glue? I noticed it happens more with products that have PVP or carbomer in it but recently it happened with FSG.
- PVP, hydroxyethylcellulose, carbomer, agave nectar, and even aloe vera are natural clumping agents. The agave in the FSG can explain, may be too much hold.

2. Do you find that a clear leave in works best to avoid the whiteness or does it not matter?
- IMO it doesn't matter if you train your hands. This only happens when I'm too heavy handed or there's a bad product interaction. Some you have to play with more than others, or realize that they simply don't play well together.

3. What leave in conditioner works best with your styler? Creamy leave ins or watery?
- depends on what I'm using. A heavier styler IMO needs a lighter LI, and V.V. Dewpoint also plays a role too. There are a few products that I can only use solo on naked hair. Keep in mind though that I'm low porosity.

4.If you diffuse, how long do you diffuse, or have you ever sat under a dryer before?

- I diffuse year round and I usually dedicate 5-8 mins on the canopy alone to make sure I don't frizz later on in the process bc it's mostly dry. This I start on high flow medium heat and then decrease to low heat gradually. Total diffusion time is 15 mins on avg. My outer layers are at least 60% dry depending on the styler. Stuff like KCCC, its less dry. I can't do hood dryers.

5. Have you ever went straight from conditioning your hair to adding your styler, no leave in?

- all the time, particularly in the summer when my hair doesn't need the extra moisture. I go by feel after my rinse out and go from there. Also dewpoint dependent.

6. Can you name some good styler and leave in combinations?

- Umm... hell yeah! Depends on what you have. I have a laundry list:

Shescentit CocoCreme LI or Nature’s Gate Hemp Condish with FSG or DMMCG
Curly Q’s Coconut Dream/ KissMyFace UpperMgmt Gel
CJ Aloe Fix (alone)
Ecostyler +CIAB (no LI)
Nature’s Gate Hemp Condish + QB BRBC
Nature’s Gate Hemp Condish (alone) [Fro or defined WnG)
Marie Dean Mango Pudding + FSG
Marie Dean Lemon Yogurt Smoothie + FSG
Mozeke’s Sweet Almond Pudding (alone)
CJ Curl Queen (alone)
CJ Smoothing Lotion + FSG
CJ Smoothing Lotion + Aussie Catch the wave gel
BS Avocado Coconut butter + KBN peppermint gel
Babassu Cream DC (BBB) + AV PWG
Komaza Califia LI+ pudding + FSG
KBN Shealoe LI + KBN gel
CCCC + KCCC
KCKT + KCCC
AV CD + AV PWG
Oyin honey hemp + BS magic Curls puree
Ohm SHP + FSG
DM SBC + KCCC Spiral Spritz
Oyin SBP + FSG or Hairveda Whipped Jelly
Elucence MBC + AG recoil
AOMM + AV PWG
Ori Organics Mango Curler Cream + CIAB
CIAB + any drugstore gel ( CIAB to go on top)
Any medium scale LI + HESMU
Deva OC (alone)
Deva OC + KCCC

I could go forever, but you get the idea. LOLOL! You can check my photobucket as well. I describe some combos there as well.
Originally Posted by Naturalista
Naturalista!

Thanks so much for posting these combos. I have coarse/thick low porosity and elascity hair and would like to wash n go.

Over the next few weekends, I'm going to try to perfect the look and these combos will definitely help me. The fact that you have low porosity hair is definitely a plus.

My first experiment will be using CJ products. Wish me luck.

Last edited by TMS; 04-08-2011 at 12:27 PM.