Has anyone else experienced this?.....today I used the FHG alone and had a ton of tight boosted curls and spirals that held all evening. Seems to work better alone I guess, I'm not sure why...for some reason I get more curl boost from the FHG. Anyone else tried this and had the same thing happen? My curls are tighter than with the CJ combo of CIAB/CQ even.
Originally Posted by Beebop
I went through a long period using FHG as a curl cream, over a leave-in and under a hard-hold gel. However, I really needed the hard-hold gel on top for this to work, and ultimately I prefer the soft, touchable feel of my hair with CEJ/FHG than FHG + gel.

I use CEJ more as a gelly for frizz control and light hold than as a curl enhancer. I really like it over a curl creme - don't need an extra gel on top, and hair feels very light and not at all producty.

Ultimately, I use CEJ the way some people use FSG: either to replace gel entirely when used over a curl cream, or as a "cushion" product in between a leave-in and a medium hold gel (like FHG). However, I have found CEJ more curl-enhancing than FSG, so that's an added bonus.

I've tried CIAB on one side of my hair and CEJ on the other, and find that I get a little more hold/tighter curl with CEJ, but more shine/definition with CIAB. So CEJ is more my go-to product than CIAB, which I tend to use more as a finisher.

I don't know whether FHG is more curl enhancing than CEJ or not, but FHG has more hold, so that might account for the difference (at least in part). I used CEJ once under a hard-hold gel and my hair was very curly, but tangly. So now I always use it with a leave-in.

Also, make sure you're using enough CEJ - I use 3 pumps for hair that is in between shoulder length and BSL when wet.
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair