It's *totally* a matter of opinion.

However, I have only heard the Biblical argument as "the Bible says Thou Shalt not kill."

There are ways of interpreting, though, which make it interesting whether or not you'd even say a fetus is considered a life by the Bible.

King James Version wrote:
And the LORD G-d formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Revised Standard Version wrote:
then the LORD G-d formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Darby version wrote:
And Jehovah Elohim formed Man, dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and Man became a living soul.

To me that makes it sound as if the soul and life begin at first breath. Again, up to many different interpretations!

ETA: Personally, I don't look at abortion as a Biblical issue, but many others seem to. Pro-lifers, anyway.

NetG,

Interesting point. I hadn't thought of it that way before. To me it's different though because that was original man, all people born after that were obviously created a different way.

I do want to add though that there are scriptures that do back up the belief that God views pre-born babies as a life and they are important to him.