An old wife's tale (or not?) is to rub castor oil on your scalp. It is supposed to make hair grow in thicker and faster. I don't know about all that. I do know for a fact that this helps with a dry scalp. I had the worse dry scalp ever - flaking, patchiness and used a hair lotion w/castor oil (BB Moisturizing Lotion). Just a little at night massaged into my scalp. Totally eliminated the problem.

Something is helping my hair grow faster, but I think it is the supplements I take for PCOS - flaxseed oil and cinnamon, helping more than the castor oil. I've been using the castor oil for a long time, and the faster growth is a new phenomenon.
Originally Posted by AllyT
Yeah, it's now the only oil I use! Dnt know about the growth but my hair is soooo soft I can comb it dry - lol!

DOPEBYDESIGN: As far as growth aides, I went looking for ya... and found this:

African American Hair Vitamins for Faster Growth and Stronger Hair

I tried their natura-laxer a while back and I liked it, it was just too small for th price. So I don't see them making a shabby growth pill. Plus, 75 reviews! Who knows?

Scalp massages are great too, to get that circulation going after you've been stressed out all day.
Reyna

"Don't look back and ask why, look forward and ask why not!?" - Unk.