View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 06:01 AM   #1
SheBros

Thumbs up Just Used Clairol's Natural Instincts Semi-Perm Color

I had been using Garnier HerbaShine, which I loved, but they discontinued a shade that I mixed with another shade to get the perfect color (ugh!). So, I made the decision to try Clairol's Natural Instincts. It's also a semi permanent color. I purchased 1 box of medium ash brown 24 and 1 box of light ash brown 14 to mix. I used 1 and 3/4 boxes of the med ash brown and 1/4 box of the light ash brown (just like what I did with HS).

Wow, I was very pleasantly surprised with the color. It is a perfect match to my natural color and no reddish tones. I have a small amount of gray. The coverage was great, same as HS. Lots of shine. Didn't seem to dry my hair out. All-in-all I'd say NI is a definite winner. I actually like the color/shade better than HS (no reddish tones). I chose the ash tones since i didn't want any reddish tones. I'm very happy with the color and will definitely repurchase again. I'll report back in a few weeks as the color starts to fade.

My husband helps me color my hair. He said he felt the NI was easier to apply since it's consistency was a little more liquidy and therefore easier to smooth on hair.

So, no more HS. Hello NI! One last thing, the conditioner that comes with this color is excellent and smells just like your on a beach vacation. There's enough to use once a week for 4-6 weeks.
Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months
SheBros is offline   Reply With Quote