View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
montREALady

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicazFro View Post
So folks...I want to try wearing foundation again. I honestly hate it but it keeps me from touching my face (acne thing boo). I wanna know how you find the right color. I was using Maybelline Pure Makeup in Caramel/dark2 but I can't find it anywhere. Its liquid in a light greenish tube. I tried a new liquid foundation that have now but the color does not match. its lighter and made me look ashy. The darkest shade doesn't match either. Any tips? Oh, and that liquid stuff makes me look shiny. Is that normal? Lol I don't have oily skin :P

Flip flop season is upon us (almost). I heart flip flops but I hate painting my toes because the freakin polish is all chipped by day 2. Grr!!! So, is there a brand that you have tried that lasts more than 4 days? I hear OPI is all the rage but what about Essie? I'm reluctanct to spend $7 on a tiny bottle of polish but if its worth it I'm so there.

Beach bodies! What is your workout routine? I know how to lose jiggle but gaining defined (visible) muscle has been a miss. I dislike being skinny-fat. Right now I'm chunky do to several injuries and not working out. Just got back to it three weeks ago. How's your diet? I need to eat more fruits and veggies but...meh. I don't like fruit (except tomatoes).

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
Hey, I do makeup on the side (weddings, parties, Carnival (West-Indian). I would suggest you go to a counter (like MAC) and try the foundation colors out. When you get the hang of wearing makeup it becomes easier to pick colors in the drugstore brands (since you can't test) by instinct. Otherwise you end up buying stuff that doesn't match unless you're lucky. Try a liquid or mousse if you don't have oily skin. If you don't have oily skin (most people with acne do) and are still shiny with the liquid, you're maybe putting on too much? Or you can try a primer underneath. You can also check out Sephora and try Bare Minerals, I absolutely love it. Makes you look natural, though it can get a bit messy and you have to use a kabuki brush to apply. I sell Avon/mark, and I'm currently using Avon's Magix Cashmere line. Very light, natural, has spf, it's a mousse form in a squeezable tube. I apply it with my fingers. If you're not a makeup person and just want ease, go with a compact format that has the puff inside. They make minerals like that now, less mess and more easy to use. Aim for something with SPF. I started getting tired of the matte look years ago so I started using more natural looking products. I use MAC's liquid concealer, Select Moisturecover. I have dry skin and need moisture. mark has a concealer that clears acne at the same time that maybe you can look into, it's called Save the Day Anti-Acne Concealer Stick, it has salicylic acid in it. We can take this offline if you want, message me.

Here's my FB makeup page that needs some serious updating:
Make-up by Kifana | Facebook

AVON - Product

AVON - Product

M·A·C Cosmetics | Mineralize Foundation SPF 15

M·A·C Cosmetics | Select Moisturecover

bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

As for nailpolish, my new HG is Sally Hansen's Salon Effect nail polish strips! They aren't stickers, they are actual nail polish strips and when you open the sealed package you'll smell that. Anyway, the trick is to apply to your finger nails and RIGHT away (because it starts to dry up when air hits it), use the rest on your toes! No topcoats, no drying. I did that for my vacay/cruise and it looked professionally done, a mani/pedi for $9.99 and about 20mins out of your life. It lasts 10 days. Actually, it's still on my toes and aside from the new-growth, it looks fine. I put it on on March 20th, lolll. Toenail polish always lasts longer for obvious reasons.

Sally Hansen | Salon Effects - Real Nail Polish Strips

Follow my blog, Made-up Hairstyle
Twitter: @makeupbykifana
"Like" my FB Makeup page
montREALady is offline   Reply With Quote