For makeup, I recommend you go to a counter as well. I swear by Bobbi Brown makeup, her makeup is amazing and light years ahead of MAC. MAC also tends to be heavier, which may not help with your acne problem. ETA: also, it may be better if you just use concealer and a powder, which is what I do. You won't have to use the concealer all over, and the powder just gives you a finished look and helps blend.
Originally Posted by Allycoils
Yes, a lot of people think MAC is heavy, I did too, but in retrospect, it also depends on how it's applied. Using the Studio Fix with that sponge it comes with, you can easily over-apply, with a face brush is better. A lot of the time it's the tool and not the product. Concealer and powder combo is good too. When I stopped wanting the really matte look that's what I started doing. Then I discovered Bare Minerals years ago and loved it and started looking for similar products. I only use MAC for the concealer now. **sidenote: Love their lipglasses too, especially their limited editions, but I had to stop, I was going nuts! Plus I started experimenting with other brands.** It's funny how our preferences and needs can change almost overnight, I remember loving that matte/made-up look, then boom, I was over it and wanted more natural.
Originally Posted by montREALady
I've used brushes, sponges, etc with MAC. I really only like their concealer and a lip glass or eyeshadow or two. I have so much makeup and brushes/sponges etc that ppl think I'm a pro! LOL. just a makeup junkie!

I can't get into Bare Minerals. I've had it done twice and it makes me look ashy. It doesn't play well for certain complexions.
Originally Posted by Allycoils
Yeah, everyone's skin is different, that's why you practically have to turn into a makeup junkie to find what's good for you!!
-4a/b with a little 3c in the back

Follow my blog, Made-up Hairstyle
Twitter: @makeupbykifana
"Like" my FB Makeup page