Thread: ACV wonders
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
Butterfly_Curlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynaCR View Post
Dang, finally someone who has used or tried Curlaway!!

So what you do now is just an ACV treatment?
How do you do that? Do you notice any differences between that and the curlaway?

I tried an ACV rinse once, but it made my scalp sting and burn badly... so I just chalked it up to my inexperience, and started using curlaway.

I'd really like to hear what you did and how you did it. & yes, my hair is also shinier, detangled and softer!

Blessings!
?...were you scratching your scalp alot in the days prior to/day of doing the ACV treatment? I only ask bc I have been doing ACV rinses since month 3 of my journey and never had the rinse sting until the other day...& this was the only time I was scratching prior to ( I went a tad longer than my week washing deadline and my scalp told on me!)doing one. However the results were still great!

I know you didn't ask me how I do mine but I thought I'd throw my 2cents in lol. I try to keep my hair reggie as simple as possible. So I just use braggs organic acv and pour it into a spray bottle (you know the actual ones that have a pump spray handle) & cover it about a 1/4 of the way. Then I fill the rest of the way w/water, give a shake and spray on my hair AFTER I wash, condish, detangle & deep treat & let it sit on my hair for 10 to 20mins. I then rinse w/cool water & I'm done.

My hair is always easier to detangle & has a natural shine to it & the curls are always more defined. I do this routine every other week after I co-wash. I also noticed that compared to the beginning of my HHJ when my hair used to itch all the time, the only time my hair begins to itch is when go over my week washing mark which I very rarely do.

HTH

Loving: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

Butterfly_Curlz is offline   Reply With Quote