My mom's friend gave me some soap bars she made to try. I want to use them, but I hate the smell of ACV and I think it slightly irritates my scalp. Is there something else that will do the same job?
Originally Posted by DaiseeDay
Excellent question - I've been wondering myself. I'm interested in trying soap bars, but the ACV rinse kind of turns me off, although not for the same reasons. Honestly, it just seems like a hassle and I'm lazy!

hmkenny could be right, and you could try a weaker solution. It might help with the odor issue, too. I also use white vinegar (always have it around), and I find the smell to be slightly less obnoxious. However, having very sensitive skin myself, I know that if you're sensitive, you just are. And if the smell is a deal-breaker, I can relate.

curlyserf, do you know the dilution ratio for a citric acid rinse? Just curious.

Just had a brainstorm: we should ask kathymack if there are other options - she knows everything! Calling kathymack, calling kathymack....
3b/3a, medium porosity, slightly coarse, high elasticity, high density. CG 2004; mod CG since 2006. CG again since 4/1/11.

Lowpoo:
Gudonya Salty Dawg (etsy), SM Moisture Retention
CO: Gudonya Intense (etsy), SM Restorative, Tresemme Naturals
LI: Gudonya IHC, SMCH Milk, Tresemme Nat, Biotera LI
Stylers (current rotation): AVG/H20 spray, Eco Styler, EVCO, SMCH smoothie and mist, La Bella LoC, ORS Lock & Twist.
Homemade DTs, PTs and Pre-Poos
Love flour sack towels.
Coconut oil = magic!