View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
curlyserf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesheep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiseeDay View Post
My mom's friend gave me some soap bars she made to try. I want to use them, but I hate the smell of ACV and I think it slightly irritates my scalp. Is there something else that will do the same job?
Excellent question - I've been wondering myself. I'm interested in trying soap bars, but the ACV rinse kind of turns me off, although not for the same reasons. Honestly, it just seems like a hassle and I'm lazy!

hmkenny could be right, and you could try a weaker solution. It might help with the odor issue, too. I also use white vinegar (always have it around), and I find the smell to be slightly less obnoxious. However, having very sensitive skin myself, I know that if you're sensitive, you just are. And if the smell is a deal-breaker, I can relate.

curlyserf, do you know the dilution ratio for a citric acid rinse? Just curious.

Just had a brainstorm: we should ask kathymack if there are other options - she knows everything! Calling kathymack, calling kathymack....
Kathy sells her own soap bars and uses them as her only cleanser, so she would definitely be the one to answer questions about them.

I found a thread that referenced a mixture of 1/4 t. citric acid in 1 cup of water. After a few times of doing it, I can basically eyeball it, so I don't measure any more.

Kerri

2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010
curlyserf is offline   Reply With Quote