I don't know if this could be a cause, but I read in a couple of places that humans generally go through a shedding phase in the fall where we shed a lot of hair...there was one website that also said a more minor shedding phase happens in the spring. This might be contributing...

I found this article, it's pretty good, maybe it'll have some helpful suggestions on what could be causing it?

Help My Hair Is Falling Out -- How Much Hair Loss is OK?

There are also some more articles linked at the bottom to it, I don't know if they're helpful (I haven't read them) but the titles looked promising.

Good luck! I know this must be stressful. For what it's worth, I think you look gorgeous, even if you don't feel it...
Originally Posted by sleepyjess
Thanks for that article, I read a few on that site.

I don't seem to have any times of year when I lose more or less, it's pretty steady. I WISH I just had spurts when I lost more, then gradually didn't lose as much!

I'm wondering if maybe going on/off (I think I've done that 3 or 4 times) my birth control has contributed to it. Seems like it'd cause your hormones to go a little whacky for awhile, and that can't be helpful..

I know how frustrating and disappointing it is when your doctor doesn't give you the kind of attention and help you need. As well as Western treatments, you may want to check out some natural remedies for hair loss. Off the top of my head (no pun intended!!) I know lavender oil is helpful. You can give yourself a really good scalp massage at night time with it before you go to sleep and then wash it out in the morning. I can check out more natural remedies/treatments if you like!!
Originally Posted by hippiechic81
That'd be great if you could give me some more tips! I'm honestly willing to try most anything. I mean shoot, I'm 23 and just ordered Rogaine..