View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 06:13 AM   #4
melaniesusan

I would poo & condition, then use a little more conditioner as a leave-in. Then I'd part the top of my hair on the side, and the back of my hair down the middle, and arrange hair into two large low-slung braids, one on each side, tied on the bottom with rubber bands. I would then either leave the braids down or pull them around and pin them to the back of my head in a hair clip.

This is a technique I usually do with CJ CCCC lite when I'm running late in the morning and want to pin my hair up for work and don't have time to fuss with it. Once it's done, I pull a few pieces of side-swept bangs down in front so the style doesn't look too severe.

Then if I'm relaxing later I can just take down the clip and let the braids hang loose for a youthful/cowgirl look. I always style my hair in low-slung braids on days I go cross-country skiing, because it enables me to wear a hat that covers my ears without making my hair messy.

A cheap conditioner wouldn't work as well as CCCC lite for this purpose, but since hair would be tied in the braids, even if it was a bit frizzy it wouldn't stand out as much. If there were a few frizzies remaining on the top of my head, I'd probably smooth them down with my hands after applying hand lotion.
winter styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
melaniesusan is offline   Reply With Quote